unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* guile projects list entry for BOKIN
@ 2005-07-02  8:49 Shigio YAMAGUCHI
From: Shigio YAMAGUCHI @ 2005-07-02  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: shigio

Hi everyone,
Would you please add my BOKIN project to the guile project list?
This system is written in GNU Guile.

Accounging system BOKIN

location
       Accounting system BOKIN homepage
       http://www.tamacom.com/bokin.html
category
       Applications
description
       BOKIN is an accounting system based on double-entry bookkeeping.
       Since BOKIN is batch-based system, it doesn't require any GUI.
       BOKIN is free software, and a commercial software based on the
       BOKIN model.
status
       The current release of BOKIN is 0.1.
maintainer
       Shigio YAMAGUCHI
mailing-list
       not yet
license
       GPL v2 or higher
requires
       GNU guile 1.6.4 or later
       GNU Make 3.80 or later
       TeX (in the future)

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Shigio
--
Shigio YAMAGUCHI <shigio@tamacom.com> - Tama Communications Corporation
PGP fingerprint: D1CB 0B89 B346 4AB6 5663  C4B6 3CA5 BBB3 57BE DDA3

* Re: guile projects list entry for BOKIN
@ 2005-07-05  1:11 ` Kevin Ryde
From: Kevin Ryde @ 2005-07-05  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-user

"Shigio YAMAGUCHI" <shigio@tamacom.com> writes:

> Would you please add my BOKIN project to the guile project list?

Beaut, done.

>        BOKIN is free software, and a commercial software based on the
>        BOKIN model.

What does the second part of this mean?  Is there also a non-free
version of bokin?  Or do you mean simply that commercial use of bokin
is permitted?

> requires
>        GNU Make 3.80 or later

Is that for normal operation, or only to install?  I don't think we
bother mentioning "make" if it's only needed for installing.

* Re: guile projects list entry for BOKIN
@ 2005-07-08  1:02 Shigio YAMAGUCHI
From: Shigio YAMAGUCHI @ 2005-07-08  1:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: shigio

> > Would you please add my BOKIN project to the guile project list?
>
> Beaut, done.

Thank you!

> >        BOKIN is free software, and a commercial software based on the
> >        BOKIN model.
>
> What does the second part of this mean?

This means that I developped this software for a business purpose,
that is, to aim at earning. BOKIN model is a business model of obtaining
proceeds by widely collecting donations while distributing free software.
Now I'm writing 'The BOKIN Model Definition' to clarify it.

The name BOKIN has two meanings:
bookkeeping (BOokKeepINg) in English
collecting donations (BO=collect, KIN=money) in Japanese.

> Is there also a non-free version of bokin?

No, there isn't.
I won't release non-free version of it.

> Or do you mean simply that commercial use of bokin is permitted?

No, I don't.
Since BOKIN is free software, everybody can use it for any purpose.

> > requires
> >        GNU Make 3.80 or later
>
> Is that for normal operation, or only to install?  I don't think we
> bother mentioning "make" if it's only needed for installing.

GNU Make is used not only for the installation but also for the accounting
calculations. GNU Make is useful for batch based systems like BOKIN.

I'm sorry for my late reply.
--

@ 2005-07-09 17:32 ` Andreas Rottmann
From: Andreas Rottmann @ 2005-07-09 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Shigio YAMAGUCHI" <shigio@tamacom.com> writes:

>> > requires
>> >        GNU Make 3.80 or later
>>
>> Is that for normal operation, or only to install?  I don't think we
>> bother mentioning "make" if it's only needed for installing.
>
> GNU Make is used not only for the installation but also for the accounting
> calculations. GNU Make is useful for batch based systems like BOKIN.

Ew, sounds messy to use make for application logic (IMO it's already
messy enough for build systems ;).

SCNR, Rotty
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Rotty@ICQ      | 118634484@ICQ | a.rottmann@gmx.at
v2sw7MYChw5pr5OFma7u7Lw2m5g/l7Di6e6t5BSb7en6g3/5HZa2Xs6MSr1/2p7 hackerkey.com

Make free software, not war!

* Re: guile projects list entry for BOKIN
@ 2005-07-10  4:40 Shigio YAMAGUCHI
From: Shigio YAMAGUCHI @ 2005-07-10  4:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: shigio

> Ew, sounds messy to use make for application logic (IMO it's already
> messy enough for build systems ;).

I say a little for the honor of Make.

Make is a program which generates specified target based on the generation
rules described in Makefile; The target need not be a program.

An excellent software can be used for the purpose which the author
was not assuming. Make is such software, I believe.

More about this matter, please mail to bug-bokin@nongnu.org. :)
Thank you!
--

@ 2005-07-10 12:48 ` Andreas Rottmann
From: Andreas Rottmann @ 2005-07-10 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Conjure Development

"Shigio YAMAGUCHI" <shigio@tamacom.com> writes:

>> Ew, sounds messy to use make for application logic (IMO it's already
>> messy enough for build systems ;).
>
> I say a little for the honor of Make.
>
> Make is a program which generates specified target based on the generation
> rules described in Makefile; The target need not be a program.
>
> An excellent software can be used for the purpose which the author
> was not assuming. Make is such software, I believe.

Yes, I don't do dispute that Make can be used for many things, but
that doesn't mean it's a clever idea. For instance, Make lacks any
type system, which makes programming more complex things in it a major
PITA, IMO.

Regards, Rotty
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Rotty@ICQ      | 118634484@ICQ | a.rottmann@gmx.at
v2sw7MYChw5pr5OFma7u7Lw2m5g/l7Di6e6t5BSb7en6g3/5HZa2Xs6MSr1/2p7 hackerkey.com

Latein ist das humanoide Äquivalent zu Fortran.
   -- Alexander Bartolich in at.linux