unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* some guile documentation
@ 2003-01-25 14:50 William Morgan
From: William Morgan @ 2003-01-25 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

I have written a brief document summing up what I've discovered of
Guile, in the context of using it as a scripting engine. Hopefully it
will be of use to others.

http://www.masanjin.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=IncorporatingGuileIntoYourCProgram

Comments, suggestions and changes welcome.

William <wmorgan@masanjin.net>

* Re: some guile documentation
@ 2003-01-25 19:42 ` Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2003-01-25 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-user

   From: William Morgan <wmorgan@masanjin.net>
   Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 09:50:23 -0500

   Comments, suggestions and changes welcome.

well, the trend towards physical gigantism (sadly, unassociated w/ a
likewise mental change) is a U.S. phenomenon.  10cc kick-ass coffees
are still the norm in various other parts of the world (where guile is
likely to be useful :-).

thi

* Re: some guile documentation
@ 2003-01-27 12:24 ` tomas
From: tomas @ 2003-01-27 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 09:50:23AM -0500, William Morgan wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have written a brief document summing up what I've discovered of
> Guile, in the context of using it as a scripting engine. Hopefully it
> will be of use to others.
>
> http://www.masanjin.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=IncorporatingGuileIntoYourCProgram

Good job. A small comment on your footnote [2]: there is
SCM scm_makfrom0str(const char *str), which probably does what you want
(I tried entering it into the Wiki but didn't succeed. I guess my lowly
browser doesn't like cookies -- sorry).

Regards
-- tomas