unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
From: Clinton Ebadi <clinton@unknownlamer.org>
Subject: GOOPS %modify-[instance|class]
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 21:51:59 -0500	[thread overview]

I think %modify-instance and -class should be public.

I specialized change-class and change-object-class (to the same thing, just to
be safe because the manual says either one may be called but not both). I
seem to have a problem: when I return the updated class, all my pointers to
the old class are invalidated! And then it seems that GOOPS continues in an
infinite loops updated the same objects over and over again.

goops.c is using SCM_CAR and SCM_CDR to write to the cell of memory itself.
Maybe I could use the low level object struct and modify it somehow?
--
http://unknownlamer.org
The root of unspoken fear