unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* guile-gtk-canvas-0.3 available
@ 2002-10-23 17:30 tomas
From: tomas @ 2002-10-23 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

a new version of the gtk canvas bindings is available.
It's not yet release-quality software, mind you -- but
it's getting closer. Main things

- better name/directory structure. I'd tend to consider
  it somewhat stable now. The whole thing is called now
  guile-gtk-canvas, the installed library is
  libguile-gtk-canvas. The scheme module is (gtk-1.2 canvas).
  OTOH the non-exported file names are much shorter (i.e.
  just `canvas.defs' instead of `gtk-canvas.defs').

- added new functionality (and more examples), mainly:
  - event support
  - image support (thanks, Ralf). For that you'd need
    a small patch to gtk-canvas, I'm trying to convince
    Ralf to get it ready (the example works, but without
    the image part, which is like TV without V ;-)

- The Holy README, COPYING, etc, etc. (Note: there's
  the GNU GPL on it. Maybe it would make more sense
  to add the guile exception or whatever guile's
  licensing model comes out to be. I'm all ears.

As always any comments welcome.

Thanks Marius for his patience and insightful comments.

Enjoy
-- tomas

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-10-23 17:30 UTC | newest]