unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* safe guile
@ 2002-10-09 13:35 Major A
From: Major A @ 2002-10-09 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm looking for an embeddable extension language, and guile seems to
be just what I'm looking for. However, I have a problem with it in the
way that it comes with POSIX and network interfaces etc. by default. I
would like to have a plain library which simply executes R5RS and
nothing more, only the symbols explicitly declared via the gh
interface are available to the Scheme code. Is it possible to
configure guile this way? Or just build parts of guile? (I would be
happy to copy parts of the library to my project, which is under GPL).

Rob, I had a look at the absolute path thing, but I can't figure out
how that would solve my problem.

  Andras

* Re: safe guile
@ 2002-10-09 16:02 ` Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2002-10-09 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-user

Major A <andras@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> I would like to have a plain library which simply executes R5RS and
> nothing more, only the symbols explicitly declared via the gh
> interface are available to the Scheme code.

You can create a new module like this:
(use-modules (ice-9 safe))
(define new-module (make-safe-module))

You can remove some bindings fom that module, and then any code you
eval in that module won't be able to use those procedures.

paul