unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Guile bindings for GSL or LAPACK?
@ 2002-08-29 15:39 Matthias Koeppe
From: Matthias Koeppe @ 2002-08-29 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does somebody have working Guile bindings for the GNU scientific
library or LAPACK?

Thanks.

--
Matthias Köppe -- http://www.math.uni-magdeburg.de/~mkoeppe

* Re: Guile bindings for GSL or LAPACK?
@ 2002-08-29 16:18 ` tomas
From: tomas @ 2002-08-29 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-user

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 05:39:12PM +0200, Matthias Koeppe wrote:
> Does somebody have working Guile bindings for the GNU scientific
> library or LAPACK?

I don't know whether this is it (or whether it comes from Guile's
glorious pre-history :-/, but have you checked

   <http://ab-initio.mit.edu/mpb/doc/index.html>

Regards
-- tomas

* Re: Guile bindings for GSL or LAPACK?
@ 2002-08-29 17:17 ` Arno Peters
From: Arno Peters @ 2002-08-29 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 05:39:12PM +0200, Matthias Koeppe wrote:
> Does somebody have working Guile bindings for the GNU scientific
> library or LAPACK?

Yes, I am working on wrapping GSL and LAPACK with SWIG.  The work is
not completely done.

For GSL I currently have the following working interface files that
contain most functions for that category:

gsl_blas.i         gsl_integration.i  gsl_qrng.i
gsl_block.i        gsl_linalg.i       gsl_randist.i
gsl_combination.i  gsl_math.i         gsl_rng.i
gsl_eigen.i        gsl_matrix.i       gsl_special.i
gsl_errno.i        gsl_monte.i        gsl_statistics.i
gsl_fft.i          gsl_permute.i      gsl_vector.i
gsl_histogram.i    gsl_poly.i

For LAPACK I have only wrapped dgesv, zgesv, dgels and zgels.

I am holding a release back until I have the remaining GSL categories
wrapped as well.  There are about 14 left.

Mail me directly if you're interested and I will send you a tarball
with a snapshot.

Greetings,
--
Arno

* Re: Guile bindings for GSL or LAPACK?
@ 2002-09-02 14:12   ` Matthias Koeppe
From: Matthias Koeppe @ 2002-09-02 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-user

tomas@fabula.de writes:

> On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 05:39:12PM +0200, Matthias Koeppe wrote:
>> Does somebody have working Guile bindings for the GNU scientific
>> library or LAPACK?
>
> I don't know whether this is it (or whether it comes from Guile's
> glorious pre-history :-/, but have you checked
>
>    <http://ab-initio.mit.edu/mpb/doc/index.html>

Thanks for the pointer.  MPB uses both linear algebra routines
(LAPACK, BLAS) and Guile, but it does not seem to make Guile bindings
for the linear algebra routines it uses.

Regards,

--

@ 2002-09-02 16:09     ` tomas
From: tomas @ 2002-09-02 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-user

On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 04:12:57PM +0200, Matthias Koeppe wrote:
> tomas@fabula.de writes:

[...]
> >    <http://ab-initio.mit.edu/mpb/doc/index.html>
>
> Thanks for the pointer.  MPB uses both linear algebra routines
> (LAPACK, BLAS) and Guile, but it does not seem to make Guile bindings
> for the linear algebra routines it uses.

Ah. I see.

Thanks
-- tomas