unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Recluse v0.9
@ 2002-04-15 21:06 Christopher Cramer
From: Christopher Cramer @ 2002-04-15 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've just released Recluse v0.9, which is a single-process HTTP
server configurable and scriptable through Guile.

It's available at http://www.pyro.net/~crayc/code/recluse/

v0.9 is an alpha release. It works pretty well, but there
are still a few things I want to change before v1.0.
It needs Guile 1.5.x or CVS stable.

You can see it running (for the moment) at
http://muppetcrotch.com:8000/bs.scm

--
Christopher Cramer <crayc@pyro.net> <http://www.pyro.net/~crayc/>
Quoi que vous fassiez, écrasez l'infâme, et aimez qui vous aime.

* Re: Recluse v0.9
@ 2002-04-16 11:41 ` rm
From: rm @ 2002-04-16 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 04:06:29PM -0500, Christopher Cramer wrote:
> I've just released Recluse v0.9, which is a single-process HTTP
> server configurable and scriptable through Guile.
>
> It's available at http://www.pyro.net/~crayc/code/recluse/
>
> v0.9 is an alpha release. It works pretty well, but there
> are still a few things I want to change before v1.0.
> It needs Guile 1.5.x or CVS stable.

Thanks for the work. I'm just trying to get it to compile, but get
a compilation error at fdwatch.c, line 76 -- it seems as if my
system doesn't know of the  SELECT_TYPE type. I assume this is a
macro but wasn't able to trace where it's supposed to cpme from.

  Ralf Mattes

* Re: Recluse v0.9
@ 2002-04-16 18:28   ` Christopher Cramer
From: Christopher Cramer @ 2002-04-16 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 01:41:38PM +0200, rm@fabula.de wrote:
> Thanks for the work. I'm just trying to get it to compile, but get
> a compilation error at fdwatch.c, line 76 -- it seems as if my
> system doesn't know of the  SELECT_TYPE type. I assume this is a
> macro but wasn't able to trace where it's supposed to cpme from.

Have you configured Guile with the --with-threads option?

--

@ 2002-04-17 10:59     ` rm
From: rm @ 2002-04-17 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 01:28:12PM -0500, Christopher Cramer wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 01:41:38PM +0200, rm@fabula.de wrote:
> > Thanks for the work. I'm just trying to get it to compile, but get
> > a compilation error at fdwatch.c, line 76 -- it seems as if my
> > system doesn't know of the  SELECT_TYPE type. I assume this is a
> > macro but wasn't able to trace where it's supposed to cpme from.
>
> Have you configured Guile with the --with-threads option?

No, i haven't. Thank's for this information. Maybe this should be
mentioned in the INSTALL/README file?
BTW, i just saw that thread-support can't be checked via guile-config.
Wouldn't it be a good idea to provide this information?

  Ralf Mattes

> --
> Christopher Cramer <crayc@pyro.net> <http://www.pyro.net/~crayc/>
> Quoi que vous fassiez, ?crasez l'inf?me, et aimez qui vous aime.
> 	-- Voltaire

* Re: Recluse v0.9
@ 2002-04-18  0:13       ` Christopher Cramer
From: Christopher Cramer @ 2002-04-18  0:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 12:59:45PM +0200, rm@fabula.de wrote:
> > Have you configured Guile with the --with-threads option?
>
> No, i haven't. Thank's for this information. Maybe this should be
> mentioned in the INSTALL/README file?

Yeah, I just put it in INSTALL.

> BTW, i just saw that thread-support can't be checked via guile-config.
> Wouldn't it be a good idea to provide this information?

It can be checked in other ways. I've added this to configure.in in
Recluse:

AC_MSG_CHECKING(for Guile thread support)
AC_TRY_LINK_FUNC(scm_spawn_thread, AC_MSG_RESULT(yes),
    AC_MSG_ERROR(you need to configure Guile with the --with-threads option))