I'm trying to rebuild Guile 1.8.4 under Cygwin (latest stable) because the Cygwin packages seem to have some serious problems (I've been told it was built with the wrong version of gcc). Everything seems ok (configure && make report no errors), but when it's all said and done, all I get is a static library. This causes problems because 'guile-config link' returns the appropriate flags to link dynamically and so I can't build other packages dependent on Guile (like GNU Autogen). I've attached the config.log, but as far as I can tell, there's no indication why this is happening... it even says that shared library will be built. The libguile.la file also confirms that only a static library was built. Any suggestions or hints would be much appreciated! Thanks! -- Aaron Turner http://synfin.net/ http://tcpreplay.synfin.net/ - Pcap editing & replay tools for Unix They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin