unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
From: Clinton Ebadi <clinton@unknownlamer.org>
Cc: guile-user@gnu.org
Subject: Re: passing flags to a function
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 12:14:58 -0400	[thread overview]

On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 08:25 -0400, Dan McMahill wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm sure this is a very basic question about passing "or-able" flags to
> a function.  In C I might do something like:
...snip...

You can make the flags available to scheme as numbers, and then the
Scheme users can use Guile's bitwise operations (logand, longior,
logxor, etc. [see Simple Data Types -> Numbers -> Bitwise Operations in
the manual]).

> but I'm not sure of the best way to define the flags in scheme.  Or
> maybe this is not "the scheme way".

This isn't really the Scheme way, but it works if you want to get
bindings done quickly. Ludovic already recommended the more schemey way,
but this isn't such a bad thing for an extension to a C program.

--
http://unknownlamer.org
AIM:unknownlamer IRC:unknown_lamer@fnode#tpu Jabber:clinton@hcoop.net