unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* ttn's changes update (modsup)
@ 2004-03-24  6:22 Clinton Ebadi
From: Clinton Ebadi @ 2004-03-24  6:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

My progress on generating patches for ttn's stuff against Guile HEAD
halted a little while ago because I had way too much work to do at
school. I have another patch ready to include ice-9/md-data.scm and
libguile/modsup.h but there is a bit of a problem.

modsup.h extends the GH_ namespace. If it were to be included in the
main Guile branch, it would all need to be changed to SCM_. There are
also a few calls to scm_register_*_module_xxx, which could be replaced
by the new module stuff, except for the automatic export of symbols from
the module (which could be fairly easily done with a quick loop over the
module bindings).

If modsup.h is imported, then the scripts to manage the module catalogs
would also be needed. And that means the new-style (scripts PROGAM)
module and the new guile-config. The new guile-config means that
ice-9/boot-9.scm has to contain the config catalog, which means that the
am-frag system for generating boot-9.scm from fragments in the
ice-9/boot-9/ directory must be imported.

This will be more fun than I thought.
--
http://unknownlamer.org AIM:unknownlamer
IRC:unknown_lamer@freenode#hprog I use Free Software because I value