unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
From: Per Bothner <per@bothner.com>
To: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>,
	scheme-reports-wg1@googlegroups.com,
	scheme-reports-wg2@googlegroups.com,
	chicken chicken <chicken-users@nongnu.org>,
	chibi-scheme@googlegroups.com, gambit-list@iro.umontreal.ca,
	guile-user <guile-user@gnu.org>,
	srfi-160@srfi.schemers.org
Subject: Re: Tangerine Edition penultimate report: how I voted, how you're voting
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 17:14:58 -0800	[thread overview]

On 1/16/19 6:27 AM, John Cowan wrote:
> So what is happening is that people are voting for more rather than less, as with the Red Edition.  This encourages me that I'm going in a sensible direction with the large language.

For the record, I'm extremely leery of the more-is-better approach.
We seem to be adding a large number of very large APIs, which seems
to be contrary to the Scheme ideal of small well-chosen primitives
that work synergistic well together.  People were unhappy with R6RS
because of its size and that so much of it was invention rather than
codifying existing practice.  R7RS-large is the same - but much more so.
--
	--Per Bothner