* MOP bug
@ 2002-04-21 18:47 Eric E Moore
From: Eric E Moore @ 2002-04-21 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

The MOP for generic function application doesn't work.  Specifically,
the apply-generic generic function, when called on a generic and the
right number of arguments, complains with

ERROR: Wrong number of arguments to #<procedure #f (foo)>
ABORT: (wrong-number-of-args)

This seems to have to do with a mismatch between the protocol for
generic application in goops.scm (which expects the proceedure to take
an additional argument which it uses to bind next-method), and the C
code (which doesn't) and the code for creating method objects (which
don't do the appropriate re-writing).  I don't think I could fix it
myself particularly quickly, as I don't really understand the C
evaluation code, and the method cache, and how next-methods are
actually computed...

But I do have an application I'd like before and after methods for,
and can't do that without the apply-generic part of the MOP
working....

--
Eric E. Moore

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 227 bytes --]

* Re: MOP bug
@ 2002-05-07 18:23 ` Marius Vollmer
From: Marius Vollmer @ 2002-05-07 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-devel

Eric E Moore <e.e.moore@sheffield.ac.uk> writes:

> The MOP for generic function application doesn't work.

Thanks!  I have recorded this as bug 'goops-apply-generic'.  I haven't
looked at it yet, tho.

* Re: MOP bug
@ 2002-05-12 14:31   ` Mikael Djurfeldt
From: Mikael Djurfeldt @ 2002-05-12 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Eric E Moore, guile-devel, djurfeldt

Marius Vollmer <mvo@zagadka.ping.de> writes:

> Eric E Moore <e.e.moore@sheffield.ac.uk> writes:
>
> > The MOP for generic function application doesn't work.
>
> Thanks!  I have recorded this as bug 'goops-apply-generic'.  I haven't
> looked at it yet, tho.

I've actually begun coding at this.

Best,
Mikael D.