In trying to build 3.0.2 on NetBSD 8, I get a permission denied failure in JIT, because of PaX MPROTECT. Disabling that (in the individual file, or globally) allows things to work. This is a security feature that prevents making writable mappings executable. I would expect this to run into the same problem on GNU/Linux systems. Has anyone run into that, and is there an accomodation for this? A quick egrep -R of the sources doesn't turn up anything. I am guessing that basically the link line for guile should be doing: if OS in (NetBSD, ?): paxctl +m libguile/.libs/guile pkgsrc's build recipe does this for the final binary, but guile is built and then used during the build step. (Also, it might be nice to have a nicer exit than a core dump in the presence of mprotect, but that's not that important.) (Will update to 3.0.3, but probably that is the same). Thanks, Greg