* relatedly! RFH: make C-d in debugger not terminate process
@ 2010-06-01 20:25 Andy Wingo
From: Andy Wingo @ 2010-06-01 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel

Hello!

I am currently poking about to make it possible to run a recursive repl,
from the debugger, in the context of the error. It would be nice to be
able to exit said recursive repl via Control-D, and it would likewise be
nice to be able to exit the debugger via Control-D. I'm sure this is
possible. Can someone hook this up?

Thanks!

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/

* Re: relatedly! RFH: make C-d in debugger not terminate process
@ 2010-06-06 14:08 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2010-06-06 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel

Hi!

Andy Wingo <wingo@pobox.com> writes:

> I am currently poking about to make it possible to run a recursive repl,
> from the debugger, in the context of the error. It would be nice to be
> able to exit said recursive repl via Control-D, and it would likewise be
> nice to be able to exit the debugger via Control-D. I'm sure this is
> possible. Can someone hook this up?

What about C-] as in Emacs?

Ludo’.

* Re: relatedly! RFH: make C-d in debugger not terminate process
@ 2010-06-06 15:37   ` Andy Wingo
From: Andy Wingo @ 2010-06-06 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guile-devel

Hi!

On Sun 06 Jun 2010 16:08, ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Andy Wingo <wingo@pobox.com> writes:
>
>> I am currently poking about to make it possible to run a recursive repl,
>> from the debugger, in the context of the error. It would be nice to be
>> able to exit said recursive repl via Control-D, and it would likewise be
>> nice to be able to exit the debugger via Control-D. I'm sure this is
>> possible. Can someone hook this up?
>
> What about C-] as in Emacs?

Ah yes that would be nice as well. Both would be nice, in fact ;)

By the way we do have a recursive repl from the debugger now, but you
have to exit it with (quit). For example:

  scheme@(guile-user)> (let ((a 10) (b 0)) (/ a b))
  Throw to key `numerical-overflow':
  ERROR: In procedure /:
  ERROR: Numerical overflow
  Entering the debugger. Type `bt' for a backtrace or `c' to continue.
  0 debug> bt 2
  In module/ice-9/boot-9.scm:
     61:  1 (call-with-prompt prompt0 #<procedure 8fe40e0 at modu...> #)
  In current input:
      1:  0 (#<procedure 8fe40f0 at <current input>:1:0 ()>)
  0 debug> repl
  Read-only local variable a = 10
  Read-only local variable b = 0
  scheme@(#{\ g35}#) [1]> a
  $1 = 10
  scheme@(#{\ g35}#) [1]> (quit)
  0 debug> bt
  In module/ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   1056:  2 (#<procedure 8f33060 ()>)
     61:  1 (call-with-prompt prompt0 #<procedure 8fe40e0 at modu...> #)
  In current input:
      1:  0 (#<procedure 8fe40f0 at <current input>:1:0 ()>)
  0 debug> up
  #1  0x00000016 in (call-with-prompt prompt0 #<procedure 8fe40e0 at mo...> #)
  1 debug> repl
  Read-only local variable tag = prompt0
  Read-only local variable thunk = #<procedure 8fe40e0 at module/sys...>
  Read-only local variable handler = #<procedure default-prompt-hand...>
  scheme@(#{\ g76}#) [1]> handler
  $2 = #<procedure default-prompt-handler (k proc)>

Et cetera...

Andy
--

@ 2010-06-06 20:44     ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2010-06-06 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel

Hi!

Andy Wingo <wingo@pobox.com> writes:

> By the way we do have a recursive repl from the debugger now, but you
> have to exit it with (quit). For example:

Wooww, very nice!

Ludo’.