* Re: core dump.
       [not found] ` <87k73lug4x.fsf@zip.com.au>
@ 2004-01-22 12:31   ` Han-Wen Nienhuys
From: Han-Wen Nienhuys @ 2004-01-22 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: bug-guile, guile-devel

user42@zip.com.au writes:
> > [Switching to Thread 1074493760 (LWP 27557)]
> > 0x4002f524 in unmemocar (form=0x4050d7b8, env=0x167f) at eval.c:2246
> > (gdb) bt
> > #0  0x4002f524 in unmemocar (form=0x4050d7b8, env=0x167f) at eval.c:2246
> > #1  0x4002f654 in scm_unmemocopy (x=0x404da7e8, env=0x4050de58) at eval.c:2469
>
> I've seen something like this when an error (an ordinary scheme level
> error) occurs in code generated by a procedure->macro.  Dunno if
> that's what's happening here.  Running without --debug normally avoids
> the segv (though obviously one can't tell quite where it went wrong).

Yeah, I found out so far. Now I have to figure out what in my 10000
lines of Scheme code is causing

	ERROR: In procedure car:
	ERROR: Wrong type argument in position 1: ()

Does anyone actually know how the evaluator works?

--

 Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   hanwen@xs4all.nl   |   http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen

* Re: core dump.
@ 2004-01-22 16:20     ` Dirk Herrmann
From: Dirk Herrmann @ 2004-01-22 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: bug-guile, Kevin Ryde, guile-devel

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

>user42@zip.com.au writes:
>

>>>[Switching to Thread 1074493760 (LWP 27557)]
>>>0x4002f524 in unmemocar (form=0x4050d7b8, env=0x167f) at eval.c:2246
>>>(gdb) bt
>>>#0  0x4002f524 in unmemocar (form=0x4050d7b8, env=0x167f) at eval.c:2246
>>>#1  0x4002f654 in scm_unmemocopy (x=0x404da7e8, env=0x4050de58) at eval.c:2469
>>>

>>I've seen something like this when an error (an ordinary scheme level
>>error) occurs in code generated by a procedure->macro.  Dunno if
>>that's what's happening here.  Running without --debug normally avoids
>>the segv (though obviously one can't tell quite where it went wrong).
>>

>Yeah, I found out so far. Now I have to figure out what in my 10000
>lines of Scheme code is causing
>
>	ERROR: In procedure car:
>	ERROR: Wrong type argument in position 1: ()
>
>Does anyone actually know how the evaluator works?

The error you describe could certainly be caused by the statement (car
'()), but this is not what you are referring to?

Best regards
Dirk

* Re: core dump.
@ 2004-01-22 22:45     ` Kevin Ryde
From: Kevin Ryde @ 2004-01-22 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: hanwen

Han-Wen Nienhuys  <hanwen@xs4all.nl> writes:

> Does anyone actually know how the evaluator works?

For what it's worth, a small example I struck tickling the (or a)
problem in this area is

	(define my-macro
	  (procedure->memoizing-macro
	   (lambda (expr env)
	     (list 'let expr))))
	(my-macro 1 2 3)

The let generated is obviously wrong.  I suspected the memoizing or
something creates a circular list, or something, which has trouble
printing or unmemoizing, or something.

I think it should be pretty important to get even the worst and most
obvious flaws printing successfully under --debug, since of course one
is using that option because it's apparently not obvious what's wrong
:-).

* Re: core dump.
@ 2004-01-23 17:40     ` Neil Jerram
       [not found]       ` <1075297977.5072.37.camel@localhost>
From: Neil Jerram @ 2004-01-23 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: bug-guile, Kevin Ryde, guile-devel

    Han-Wen> Yeah, I found out so far. Now I have to figure out what in my 10000
    Han-Wen> lines of Scheme code is causing

    Han-Wen> 	ERROR: In procedure car:
    Han-Wen> 	ERROR: Wrong type argument in position 1: ()

Surely a backtrace would help you pinpoint the problem?  Is there a
reason why you can't get a backtrace for this error?

        Neil

* Re: uniform-vector? gives true for list
       [not found]       ` <1075297977.5072.37.camel@localhost>
@ 2004-02-06 20:19         ` Roland Orre
From: Roland Orre @ 2004-02-06 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-devel

Maybe I should mention that this is both for 1.6.* and for 1.7
and of course for (array? ..) as well.

It would of course be consistent if
(if (array? '(a b c))
    (array-ref '(a b c) 0))
would return 'a without errors, but this is not really
what we want I guess...
	Best regards
	Roland Orre

@ 2004-02-14  0:07           ` Kevin Ryde
From: Kevin Ryde @ 2004-02-14  0:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-devel

Roland Orre <roland.orre@neurologic.se> writes:

> Maybe I should mention that this is both for 1.6.* and for 1.7
> and of course for (array? ..) as well.

Looks like any non-immediate object except smobs gives #t,
eg. functions too.