* what do to if there is no %nil
@ 2010-01-18 14:23 Mike Gran
From: Mike Gran @ 2010-01-18 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel

Hi-

I tried building master with the --disable-elisp configure option.
When that option is enabled, libguile no longer contains the %nil value.
The assembler expects %nil to always exist.

I made a quick and dirty modification in
7beae9f15ac49f144a15d3ebfe80c2f29e43b3ff just to get it to build; but,
I'm sure that a prettier solution should implemented.

Thanks,
-Mike

* Re: what do to if there is no %nil
@ 2010-01-18 14:50 ` Andy Wingo
From: Andy Wingo @ 2010-01-18 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Gran; +Cc: guile-devel

On Mon 18 Jan 2010 15:23, Mike Gran <spk121@yahoo.com> writes:

> I tried building master with the --disable-elisp configure option.
> When that option is enabled, libguile no longer contains the %nil value.
> The assembler expects %nil to always exist.
>
> I made a quick and dirty modification in
> 7beae9f15ac49f144a15d3ebfe80c2f29e43b3ff just to get it to build; but,
> I'm sure that a prettier solution should implemented.

I saw that patch, and it looked fine to me. I'd also be fine with just
always building with %nil support (because that's basically all that
--enable-elisp does, right?), but maybe that's just me...

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/

* Re: what do to if there is no %nil
@ 2010-01-18 20:23   ` Neil Jerram
From: Neil Jerram @ 2010-01-18 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Wingo; +Cc: guile-devel

Andy Wingo <wingo@pobox.com> writes:

> On Mon 18 Jan 2010 15:23, Mike Gran <spk121@yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> I tried building master with the --disable-elisp configure option.
>> When that option is enabled, libguile no longer contains the %nil value.
>> The assembler expects %nil to always exist.
>>
>> I made a quick and dirty modification in
>> 7beae9f15ac49f144a15d3ebfe80c2f29e43b3ff just to get it to build; but,
>> I'm sure that a prettier solution should implemented.
>
> I saw that patch, and it looked fine to me. I'd also be fine with just
> always building with %nil support (because that's basically all that
> --enable-elisp does, right?), but maybe that's just me...

Yes, I agree.  There are a couple of details in the reader that depend
on SCM_ENABLE_ELISP, that someone should check out.  Subject to
those being OK, I think we could remove the --disable-elisp option.

            Neil