Hi David, > I spotted where the problem comes from: it is when a text value is empty. I have > produced a small but complete example [attached]: can you reproduce it ? Yes, thanks for the test case, I can now reproduce it and hopefully the attached patches work for you also. The first one fixes the ignorance of 'proc' of the 'sqlite-map' procedure. It took me a while to figure this one out ;) The second patch extends 'tests/basic.test' with some statements that make the problem discovered by you show up. The third patch fixes the problem for me. Andy, is this the 'right way' to test for null pointers? I could not find a cleaner solution in my limited search... The fourth patch fixes a problem I discovered while playing with sqlite-bind. Really this should generate more testcases. Andy, I have now cloned your repo at gitorious[1] for you to pull if that's easier. I am perfectly happy to rework patches if anything needs to be done for that. Thanks Detlev [1] https://gitorious.org/~dzu/guile-sqlite3/guile-sqlite3-dzu -- Bacchus, n. A convenient deity invented by the ancients as an excuse for getting drunk. -- DENX Software Engineering GmbH, MD: Wolfgang Denk & Detlev Zundel HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-40 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: dzu@denx.de