* Guile for AMD64
       [not found] <mailman.9746.1091715717.1958.guile-devel@gnu.org>
@ 2004-08-05 14:36 ` Javier Antonio Vazquez Machuca
From: Javier Antonio Vazquez Machuca @ 2004-08-05 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello everybody, I just wanna ask if exist any interest to port Guile to x86-64, part of a project that i am doing, is "Quickthreads" and I have ported it to x86-64 processor (64 bits) and I don't know much about Guile but I know that Guile use it.

Best regards,
Javier.

* Re: Guile for AMD64
@ 2004-08-06 12:04   ` Marius Vollmer
From: Marius Vollmer @ 2004-08-06 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-devel

Javier Antonio Vazquez Machuca <jvazquez@ac.upc.es> writes:

> Hello everybody, I just wanna ask if exist any interest to port
> Guile to x86-64,

Yes, definitely.

> part of a project that i am doing, is "Quickthreads" and I have
> ported it to x86-64 processor (64 bits) and I don't know much about
> Guile but I know that Guile use it.

We no longer use QuickThreads in the current development series.
There, we use POSIX threads, which should make it much easier to link
libguile into other POSIX thread using programs.

But many thanks for letting us know!