* array? not working since long time
@ 2004-10-12 13:48 Roland Orre
From: Roland Orre @ 2004-10-12 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

The predicate (array? arg) hasn't been working for long time.
E.g:
(array? 'hi)
#t
(array? '(list))
#t

The simple code below is what I use, but of course that is too simple
as it doesn't handle the optional prototype. The code in unif.c I don't
understand (that with smobs). Maybe also (array? "string") => #t

	Best regards
	Roland

SCM_PROC (s_array_p, "array?", 1, 0, 0, scm_array_p);

SCM scm_array_p( SCM what )
{
  if (SCM_IMP(what))
    return SCM_BOOL_F;
  else switch (SCM_TYP7(what))
    {
    case scm_tc7_fvect:
    case scm_tc7_svect:
    case scm_tc7_bvect:
    case scm_tc7_ivect:
    case scm_tc7_uvect:
    case scm_tc7_dvect:
    case scm_tc7_vector:
      return SCM_BOOL_T;
    }
  return SCM_BOOL_F;
} /* scm_array_p */

* Re: array? not working since long time
@ 2004-10-19 17:23 ` Marius Vollmer
From: Marius Vollmer @ 2004-10-19 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-devel

Roland Orre <roland.orre@neurologic.se> writes:

> The predicate (array? arg) hasn't been working for long time.
> E.g:
> (array? 'hi)
> #t
> (array? '(list))
> #t

Yep, thanks, I fixed this.

   2004-10-19  Marius Vollmer  <marius.vollmer@uni-dortmund.de>

	* unif.c (scm_array_p): When no prototype is given, explicitely
	test for allowable types, do not simply return true.