On Wed, 2024-02-07 at 09:19 -0500, Thompson, David wrote: > On Thu, Jan 4, 2024 at 5:40 AM Jonas Hahnfeld via Developers list for > Guile, the GNU extensibility library wrote: > > > > On Tue, 2023-11-28 at 22:04 +0100, Jonas Hahnfeld wrote: > > > > > > Ping, any comments on this approach? I built binaries for LilyPond > > > 2.25.10 using these patches applied on top of Guile 3.0.9 and the > > > result seems to work fine on Windows. > > > > Another ping; meanwhile we switched to building the official binaries > > of LilyPond with Guile 3.0 starting from version 2.25.11, but it would > > be really great to get rid of our downstream patches... > > Just chiming in to say this is a very exciting development that I had > missed when the patch set was first sent! > > Does this allow a fully featured Guile build or are some things still > disabled? Does JIT work? It's functional enough to run LilyPond (which uses quite a bit of Guile) and well enough so that there is only one complaint (that I know of so far) about multiplication with negative numbers not working right. If I remember correctly from quickly having a look, that's related to scm_integer_mul_ii using long_magnitude which doesn't quite work on Windows 64-bit. For LilyPond, we disable some features (JIT, threading, networking; you can look at the full build recipe here: https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/blob/master/release/binaries/lib/dependencies.py#L628 ) and I don't know which of these would work or how much it would take to support them. Jonas