* define-inlinable* : a define-inlinable with lambda*-behaviour.
@ 2020-04-24  7:13 Linus Björnstam
From: Linus Björnstam @ 2020-04-24  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel

I just found that (ice-9 optargs) has defmacro*, which made me think about a question that has popped up on irc about once every 4 months: why isn't there a define-inlinable*?

I have a working implementation, and I want to know if there is any interest to include it in guile. Either in boot-9.scm, or as a friend of defmacro* in (ice-9 opt-args).

A straight forward simple implementation would have a regression over define-inlinable: define-inlinable does arg count validation, which is a lot less simple when you have keywords and/or optional arguments. Would this be an acceptable regression if they are implemented as two distinct macros?

If one does a proper define-inlinable*, it can be used to implement define-inlinable (since that would be the simple case for it).

What do the maintainers think?
--
  Linus Björnstam

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-04-24  7:13 UTC | newest]