Am Freitag, dem 19.11.2021 um 13:17 +0000 schrieb Maxime Devos: > Jonas Hahnfeld schreef op do 15-07-2021 om 20:44 [+0200]: > > +  /* For guardians, we use unordered finalization `a la Java. */ > > Maybe add the reasons why this is only done when a guardian is created? > E.g., > > /* Don't use unordered finalization when not using guardians, >     because Java finalization prevents fast collection of chains of > unreachable objects */ I think this is a misunderstanding: bdwgc still defaults to Java-style finalization, my patches only make it possible to disable it while maintaining a working Guile. > Not 100% about the exact purpose of avoiding Java-style finalization, > you might want to adjust the wording somewhat ... As discussed in July, it's a possible optimization because it allows the garbage collector to reclaim more memory at once. I'm not sure if it's worth it in real applications, but making Guile ready seemed like a good idea. Jonas