Op 22-11-2023 om 00:02 schreef Timothy Sample: > Hello, > > [Dropping Karl since we are no longer discussing Automake maintenance.] > > Maxime Devos writes: > >> [What about] discoverability, ease of updating the test driver, >> clarity, unbundling and the goals of Freja Nordsiek? > > Maybe Guile should adopt the script as ‘guild test-am’ or somesuch. While written for Automake, it's useful and usable outside it, so I would change 'am' to something else. Maybe: ‘guild run-test-suite’. > Mathieu assigned copyright to the FSF for the Automake patch and I > believe Maxim would be willing to do the same for the more recent > patches. Note: while accepted, that's not a requirement anymore. > If there’s interest and someone willing to commit the change, I > volunteer to integrate the script. I can add a node in the manual after > “4.8 Distributing Guile Code” called “Testing Guile Code” that links to > Maxim’s forthcoming SRFI 64 documentation and explains how to use the > script with Automake. > > Thoughts? I don't know if there is someone willing to commit the change (as in, I don't know, not I know there isn't someone willing), but I would say there is definitely interest. (Doesn't matter for me whether it's in Guile or a thing packaged separately ... just not this script that gets copied around with somewhat unclear providence.) Best regards, Maxime Devos.