Vijay Marupudi schreef op zo 08-08-2021 om 23:02 [-0500]: > Thank you for your responses Taylan and Maxime! > > My initial reaction to the concern about multithreaded code is similar > to Taylan. I'm not sure if Guile has multithreading concepts built into > the compiler. If so, one can only check the length again after a mutex. > > Appreciate the malloc, realloc, and free FFI solution. Ideally I > wouldn't have to do that, but it does work. I have to manually free it > though. You can avoid explicit free by using GC_MALLOC_ATOMIC and GC_REALLOC from bdw-gc (the C library Guile uses for garbage collection) instead of malloc and realloc, see . Greetings, Maxme.