Vijay Marupudi schreef op wo 19-01-2022 om 08:51 [-0500]: > > however, the README says ‘by Adam Nelson’.  Did you reach some kind > > of > > agreement with Adam Nelson about copyright assignment?  And since > > SRFIs > > are licensed under Expat (not 100% sure), wouldn't this need to be > > the > > Expat license text? > > > > Even if the Expat license allows this (I don't know), then I would > > still recommend to keep the license the same, such that fixes can > > easily be interchanged between Scheme implementations (e.g. there > > have > > been some fixes to SRFI-64 a while ago). > > There was no copyright assignment. If no copyright assignment has happend, then the copyright still belongs to the author -- from the Git repository's LICENSE:  Copyright © Adam Nelson (2020)). While possibly you might have made some small changes to flexvectors, it seems that most code is preserved, so at most a ‘© FSF’ line could be added (*), however, the copyright line ‘© Adam Nelson’ would need to remain, otherwise the copyright lines are misleading. (*) This assumes you did copyright assignment to the FSF, otherwise ‘© Vijay Marupudi’. Furthermore, the license requires preserving existing copyright notices: > The above copyright notice and [...] (including [...]) shall be > included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. >  The expat license is GPL compatible, > so I assumed GPL would be the preferred license for a contribution to > Guile. [...] I can definitely change the license for my edits to > whatever is The expat license is GPL compatible, but the expat license requires preserving the license text: > Permission is hereby granted [...]: > > The above [...] and this permission notice (including the next > paragraph) shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of > the Software. > > [warranty disclaimer] Here, ‘this permission notice’ seems to be the text of the expat license. But I'm not seeing this text in the srfi-214.scm of your patch. > best for Guile. That would be up to the maintainers I suppose. Greetings, Maxime.