On 10/5/24 3:23 AM, Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide wrote: > Hi Matt, > > > Nice! > 2) I reverted the change to system/repl/common.scm which had changed > the output of the welcome message from default output port to > info-port. This was causing the repl-server test to fail. If a user > uses Guile as a extension, and does not want the default Guile welcome > message, they can generate their own repl. > Thank you! > > This fixes the compilation messages (a very long standing complaint), > but I think it should also silence the license information message. > > Do you see a cleaner way to do this? If you have one, that would be > great, because it would be the final step to make Guile much more > convenient for scripting (for example it would save me a ton of hacks > ☺). > I have an idea.  Let me try. Matt