On 29-01-2023 03:40, Blake Shaw wrote: > Hi Maxime, > > Did you watch my talk from Guix days? I read the text in the talk, but mostly skipped the speech. > There I detailed that the goal > would be to move from what is painfully obvious, gradually building up > in chunks and peices. That is what is happening here. OK, but I don't see the relevance of this information here. > If you think the > progression of examples that follow are suboptimal in comparison to the > current state of the documentation, then you should give a reason why as > well as offer changes to be made. I didn't say anything about the progression being good or bad. I wrote: > This is a suboptimal example; this would be better done with 'case'. > I propose replacing it with another example, or adding a note that one > would normally use 'case' for this. I.e., the example itself is suboptimal; the progression is presumably good. Also, I did mention a reason why the example is bad: ‘this would be better done with 'case'’. More explicitly, this example teaches to use 'match' in situations where 'case' would be a better fit. And I did offer changes to be made: ‘replace it with another example’ (I don't care which exact example it is replaced with, as long as its a simple example to fit in the progression and something where 'match' is actually a good fit in order to not teach suboptimal behaviour), and also gave an alternative, more explicit change 'add a note'. Greetings, Maxime.