Jonas Hahnfeld schreef op za 03-07-2021 om 19:26 [+0200]: > Sorry, I should have been clearer: Chains don't become uncollectable, > but a chain of N objects takes N collections to be completely reclaimed > (because Java finalization prepares for the possibility that a free > function makes an object live again, as Guile does for guardians). This > leads to unnecessary waste on the heap, and more work for the collector > (even though I haven't been able to measure so far). Disabling Java-style finalization would be an optimisation, ok!