* Guile 1.4 on Cygwin/Win32
@ 2002-04-04 23:22 Marciano Siniscalchi
From: Marciano Siniscalchi @ 2002-04-04 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

this is to report success in compiling the Guile 1.4 sources under Cygwin
and Win32.

There is only one issue I would like to mention. The tarball contains a
file called

and-let*.scm

in the guile-1.4/ice-9 directory. Unfortunately, "and-let*.scm" is an
invalid file name under Win32, and it does not even get extracted from the
tarball. I simply got it from elsewhere, renamed it to "and-let-star.scm",
modified the makefile in guile-1.4/ice-9, and was good to go.

Since everything else works "as is", would it be appropriate to rename this
one file so as to avoid the problems mentioned above? I understand Cygwin
may not be a high-priority platform...

Marciano.

Marciano Siniscalchi Department of Economics, 309 Fisher Hall
tel: (609) 258-4024  Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544-1021
fax: (609) 258-6419  http://www.princeton.edu/~marciano

* Re: Guile 1.4 on Cygwin/Win32
@ 2002-04-05  2:45 ` Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2002-04-05  2:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-devel

   From: Marciano Siniscalchi <marciano@Princeton.EDU>
   Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 18:22:01 -0500

   Since everything else works "as is", would it be appropriate to
   rename this one file so as to avoid the problems mentioned above? I
   understand Cygwin may not be a high-priority platform...

thanks for the reminder -- i've added a TODO item.  this will be fixed
in 1.4.1 by doing whatever we're doing to resolve the issue in 1.6.

thi