On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 7:30 PM, Andy Wingo wrote: > On Sat 12 Jan 2013 16:21, Nala Ginrut writes: > > > We'd like to start up guildhall.gnu.org, which is a guilers community > > MAYBE based on savannah to let you guys share/fetch Guile packages. Just > > like rubygems.org does. ;-) > > FWIW we do have access to a guildhall.gnu.org and are in the process of > setting it up. > > > 1. Package verify policy (PVP) > > 2. Package evaluate policy (PEP) > > Sounds sensible to me. Would you like to start working on software to > do this? > > Yes, but do we have some kind of spec standard for guildhall packages? If answer is no, I'll do some post-work before the policy discussion. And another related question bothered me for a long time: which is guildhall's upstream repo now? ijp's? or andy's? I think ijp's repo is newer now, maybe do a merge work is better. > WDYT about this workflow: we work via the GNU bug tracker that we > already have in Guile. When someone has a new package, they mail > bug-guile@gnu.org with the information, creating a ticket. > > It's fine to take advantage of the bug tracker, except for 'bug' ;-P Isn't there any other way for the transaction with GNU things? I'll throw it into my TODO list. (error TODO "your list is overflow!") > We will have a GPG keyring for guildhall maintainers. We can rig up > some special email account, perhaps at gnu.org, to queue jobs for the > guildhall. Guildhall maintainers can then queue the addition or update > of a package via mail, verified with their key. Mark and me both have GNU account, is it enough? Or we'll have an extra one? > We should also write a > web application that lists recent updates to the guildhall. > > We may write a simple one for just working, and after my Glow(Guile Lauch on Web) done, we may write a brand new site for a whole guildhall in a Ruby on rails like way. God knows when it's done...but in a long term, such a thing would be expected by any folks. Thanks! > WDYT? > > Andy > -- > http://wingolog.org/ >