* On adding Kawa/Chibi R7RS test-suite to the r7rs-wip branch
@ 2017-06-18 11:14 Freja Nordsiek
From: Freja Nordsiek @ 2017-06-18 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel

On Mark Weaver's suggestion, I looked up the Kawa and Chibi R7RS-small test
suites. Kawa uses Chibi's test-suite, though it is wrapped in a bit of
extra code at the top. Kawa's license is not likely to be a problem, as it
is a MIT license ( https://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/Software-License.html
). But, Chibi's license is a modified BSD license (
http://synthcode.com/license.txt ), which is compatible with the GPL (
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#ModifiedBSD ).

So, we could realistically take the Chibi test-suite (possibly with the
Kawa modifications) and incorporate it into the r7rs-wip branch. The only
question is whether to incorporate them as is or to modify them to use the
same unit testing code as the rest of the unit tests in the guile test
suite.

Freja Nordsiek