Hi Mark Thanks for the speedy response. General ACK on all your comments. Some additional notes: On 8 October 2012 23:40, Mark H Weaver wrote: >> [which vs. that] This was straight out of the doc string for string-index. Changed. >> + if (SCM_CHARP (char_pred)) >> + { >> + goto split_char; > > I'd prefer to avoid the use of 'goto' here, and instead use nested 'if's > here. (I admit that 'goto's occasionally make code simpler and more > readable, but not in this case IMO). I had done this only to avoid diff noise on the original code path since I wasn't changing it. I agree that it adds nothing to the structure of the code. Changed. > Can you please put the code between 'split_char' and 'done' within this > 'if', and all the code from here to 'split_char' within the 'else'? Done. Also adjusted the scope of the branch-specific variables. Updated version attached. Regards