I can't take more than one, but I would be happy to take guile-ncurses if I'm deemed up to snuff, I've got a project I'm working on with it and when that gets out in the world (next couple of weeks) I'll be happy to talk about the commitments. On Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at 7:02 AM Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Hi Mike, > > (Catching up on email…) > > Mike Gran skribis: > > > Well 2021 has been a strange time for me as it has been for many. At > > the beginning of 2021, I had the free time and the good health that > > allowed me to imagine being a real contributer again, but, stuff has > > changed. > > I’m sad to read this; I hope you’ll recover soon and feel energized, > including to hack the good hack. > > > So there are a few libraries in the Guile ecosystem I've worked on, > > and I'm hoping someone else might be interested in owning them > > henceforth. > > > > Roughly in order of maintainability, from simple to complex, these are > > > > - guile-aspell: a very simple binding to the Aspell spellcheck > > library. This would be an easy task, since it is a Guile-only > > binding with no C, and aspell rarely changes > > - guile-curl: a C-based but straight-forward binding the the cURL API. > > - guile-ncurses: a C-based binding for NCurses, libpanel, and libmenu. > It > > is a bit convoluted bcause the memory model for ncurses it iself > > quite strange. > > > > Then there a couple of very obscure and little used libraries that I > could > > punt on, but, I don't really expect any interest > > > > - guile-plotutils: draw plots in Guile using the plotutils backend > > - zile-on-guile: a version of the zile editor, replacing its tiny LISP > > interpreter with Guile. > > > > Guile-GI is a special case because at this point, I'm probably not the > > prinmary contributor. But it could use more contributers and could use > > a discussion about how to move it forward. I still hope to contribute > > as I can. > > I won’t commit to anything (I’d do a poor job), but these are all useful > pieces of software and I hope someone picks them up! > > Thanks, > Ludo’. > > >