On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 6:15 PM Shiro Kawai wrote: > Hi Mark, > I agree that the whole point of generators is performance. When combined > with lazy sequences (srfi-127), it covers many typical use cases of streams > much more efficiently. > I've written Gauche version with performance in mind, but it depends on a > few non-standard features and can not be used as-is. Besides, if we do go > for performance, we need benchmark suites as well. I'm interested in > adopting Gauche version as the reference implementation but don't know when > I have time. If you have some code to improve the current reference > implementation and can merge it to the repo, we can proceed gradually, I > guess. > It's not a bad idea for the sample implementation to be as clear as possible at the expense of performance. But it certainly wouldn't hurt to have a supplemental document making recommendations about possible performance improvements, or even a second implementation.