+1 to that. I do the same thing in my own projects. Guix does it, too. - Dave On Tue, Aug 16, 2022 at 12:11 PM Aleix Conchillo Flaqué < aconchillo@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > In many projects I've been copying Göran Weinholt's base64 implementation > and I've also seen it in other projects, would it make sense to include it > in Guile's standard library? > > I guess it's hard to know where to draw a line and different languages do > different things. I actually like Golang's approach where they provide a > bunch of base libraries (web, crypto, etc.) and it seems that's where Guile > was going by including a web library.You could always use a different > implementation if it existed. > > Anyways, I think (ice-9 base64) would be a nice addition. > > Just a thought. > > Aleix > >