Oh I'm so embarrassed. I thought git pull-request sent an email to the git server the same way one might push changes. I didn't realize I would need to copy that pull request message and send it as an email. Thanks Maxime. I feel like you've really done a lot to help me out and I appreciate it. On Wed, Mar 27, 2024, 10:15 AM Maxime Devos wrote: > >I am trying to contribute to Guile but I cannot figure out how I am > supposed to do it. I submitted a pull request, but I cannot see the status > of that request on cgit. Do we even use pull requests or do we do pushes? > So I need to get put on the member list by filing a request for inclusion? > > > > Where can people find this pull request? Like, is this a ‘git > request-pull’-style PR send by e-mail, a ‘git request-pull’-style PR that > was formatted by ‘git request-pull’ but you forgot to send, a PR on an > unofficial GitHub mirror that almost nobody looks at, some Savannah feature > unknown to me, or ... > > > > > do we do pushes? > > > > If with this you mean that people with contributions directly push it to > the main branch: no. > > > > > So I need to get put on the member list by filing a request for > inclusion? > > > > No. > > > > I have done contributions in the past without having an account on > Savannah and without any kind of administration – I just send patches to > guile-devel@gnu.org with a cover message. (Or without cover message if > it’s just a single patch.) > > > > Best regards, > > Maxime Devos. >