Arne, you're my hero. Meta/guile does include my changes *and* has a quicker turnaround for testing changes than building every time. Thank you! As for the dependencies, make clean is what I used and that didn't reflect the changes I made. I will try more things before I submit a pull request but at least I can continue my experiments. Thanks Ryan On Thu, Mar 21, 2024, 12:47 PM Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide wrote: > > Ryan Raymond writes: > > > For example, I modified "parse-http-method" and completely removed all > error throwing capabilities but I am still getting an error thrown from > > within that function. > > (bad-request "Invalid method: ~a" (substring str start end)) > > > > I am assuming that the modules are not being rebuilt. My workflow is as > follows: > > 1. Modify the source code > > 2. ./configure > > 3. make > > 4. make install > > > > Can anyone point out a mistake I might be making? > > A shot into the blue would be that some dependencies aren’t marked > correctly in the Makefile so some file is not being rebuilt and includes > the old version of the function via a macro. > > Does it also happen when you add a `make clean` step? > > Does it happen when you directly run meta/guile instead of installing? > > Best wishes, > Arne > -- > Unpolitisch sein > heißt politisch sein, > ohne es zu merken. > draketo.de >