* syntax parse link
@ 2012-05-08 15:46 Stefan Israelsson Tampe
From: Stefan Israelsson Tampe @ 2012-05-08 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel

I would like to add a link to the syntax-parse repo from guile's home page.
I was told to try get
the rights to do this myself. If that doesn't work I will need help from
any of the maintainers
to make the linkage.

NEWS: for syntax parse

I have written a fresh module using syntax parse to do racket's for,
for/list, etc. interface.
And have also started to work with an implementation of racket's match. It
has indeed been
a pleasure to work with the syntax parse framework and these two examples
can be studied
to see syntax-parse in action. It has also been a test-bed and I found that
racket's syntax parse
is lacking with respect to mutual recursive syntax-classes. Hence I added a
sane support for
this feature. E.g.

First prepend the code by declarations e.g.

(define-syntax-class ...)
Here the declaration has to be rich enough to contain all of the interface
that is later used for the syntax-class.

(syntax-class-set! ...) (New)
Has the same format as define-syntax-class but modifies the old
syntax-class in such a way
that a new parser function is added. To do this the interfaces has to match
or else a helpful message
will be supplied.

Ergo the idea follows closely the define/set! method in scheme

The procedure is a little clunky due to the expressiveness of the
syntax-class macro but still straightforward
and the code is easy to debug.

Have fun

* Re: syntax parse link
@ 2012-05-15 20:33 ` Andy Wingo
From: Andy Wingo @ 2012-05-15 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Israelsson Tampe; +Cc: guile-devel

On Tue 08 May 2012 17:46, Stefan Israelsson Tampe <stefan.itampe@gmail.com> writes:

> I would like to add a link to the syntax-parse repo from guile's home page. I was told to try get
> the rights to do this myself. If that doesn't work I will need help from any of the maintainers
> to make the linkage.

I've added you to the Guile group.  You should be able to make a
writable CVS checkout of the web repository.  (Yes, CVS.  It's
incredible.  I keep forgetting how to use it.)  Anyway the bulk of the
web site is in template/ and generated.  I think there is a README.  It
is still horribly complex.  Anyway good luck, and ask on IRC when you
have problems!

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/

* Re: syntax parse link
@ 2012-05-16 20:14   ` Stefan Israelsson Tampe
From: Stefan Israelsson Tampe @ 2012-05-16 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Wingo; +Cc: guile-devel

Thx,

I have a few things I would like to do first but maybe after this weekend I
will
make the linkage!

/Stefan

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 10:33 PM, Andy Wingo <wingo@pobox.com> wrote:

> On Tue 08 May 2012 17:46, Stefan Israelsson Tampe <stefan.itampe@gmail.com>
> writes:
>
> > I would like to add a link to the syntax-parse repo from guile's home
> page. I was told to try get
> > the rights to do this myself. If that doesn't work I will need help from
> any of the maintainers
> > to make the linkage.
>
> I've added you to the Guile group.  You should be able to make a
> writable CVS checkout of the web repository.  (Yes, CVS.  It's
> incredible.  I keep forgetting how to use it.)  Anyway the bulk of the
> web site is in template/ and generated.  I think there is a README.  It
> is still horribly complex.  Anyway good luck, and ask on IRC when you
> have problems!
>
> Andy
> --
> http://wingolog.org/

* Re: syntax parse link
@ 2012-05-16 21:12     ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2012-05-16 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Israelsson Tampe <stefan.itampe@gmail.com> skribis:

> I have a few things I would like to do first but maybe after this weekend I
> will
> make the linkage!

Please add it to gnu-guile-projects.html (under template/ first, as Andy
mentioned), and using the same format as other entries there.

Thanks!

Ludo’.

* Re: syntax parse link
@ 2012-05-20 20:26       ` Stefan Israelsson Tampe
From: Stefan Israelsson Tampe @ 2012-05-20 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guile-devel

Ok! I Updated the homepage with a link to guile syntax parse I put it
on the tools section at the bottom! Pleas do a sanity check that I did this
correctly.
This was my first step to edit that repo.

/Stefan

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 11:12 PM, Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
>
> Stefan Israelsson Tampe <stefan.itampe@gmail.com> skribis:
>
> > I have a few things I would like to do first but maybe after this
> weekend I
> > will
> > make the linkage!
>
> Please add it to gnu-guile-projects.html (under template/ first, as Andy
> mentioned), and using the same format as other entries there.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ludo’.

* Re: syntax parse link
@ 2012-05-22 16:18         ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2012-05-22 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Israelsson Tampe; +Cc: guile-devel

Hi!

Thanks!  There are a few typos:

 guile -> Guile
 racket -> Racket
 an hygienic -> a hygienic
 recomending -> recommending

Also, could you move it above, to keep the list alphabetically sorted?

Thanks,
Ludo’.

* Re: syntax parse link
@ 2012-05-22 16:41           ` Stefan Israelsson Tampe