Python List lookup is 2x slower now than cpython. Tuple lookup is slightly faster. On Fri, 23 Apr 2021, 17:01 Mikael Djurfeldt wrote: > Hi, > > Yesterday, Andy committed new code to the compiler, some of which > concerned skipping some arity checking. > > Also, Stefan meanwhile committed something called "reworked object system" > to his python-on-guile. > > Sorry for coming with unspecific information (don't have time to track > down the details) but I noticed that my benchmark script written in Python, > and which computes the 20:th Ramanujan number, now runs 60% faster than > before these changes. > > This means that python-on-guile running on guile3 master executes python > code only 2.6 times slower than the CPython python3 interpreter itself. :-) > > Have a nice weekend all, > Mikael > >