Hi, To note is that in order to implement common lisp one need to bypass tree-il and generate directly to glil, the reason is that tagbody is poorly represented by tree-il. If we intend to be multilingual it would be nice to be able to effectively represent those ideoms. Any thoughts on it? /Stefan On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 4:13 PM, Ian Price wrote: > Nala Ginrut writes: > > >> What about common lisp is scheme a lisp or is CL a scheme :-) > >> > > > > IIRC, someone raised the topic that emerge Clisp into Guile in 2011, > > but what's the status now? > > > >> Anyway to support CL I would think that we need to support placing > >> properties > >> on symbols, e,g. currently a symbol slot is a variable, but to > >> effectively support CL I would go for > >> /Stefan > > I don't think we should get ahead of ourselves, but emacs has had some > minor CL emulation in things like cl.el and cl-lib. I think these could > be good test cases for the elisp support. > > -- > Ian Price -- shift-reset.com > > "Programming is like pinball. The reward for doing it well is > the opportunity to do it again" - from "The Wizardy Compiled" >