* Adding to guile curly-infix (SRFI 105), neoteric- & sweet-expressions
@ 2012-08-26 17:02 David A. Wheeler
From: David A. Wheeler @ 2012-08-26 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel; +Cc: almkglor

All:

I'd really like feedback on proposed new SRFIs, and I'd like to help get these SRFIs implemented in guile.

Background: The "readable" group has developed and refined 3 new reader abbreviations for Scheme: curly-infix-, neoteric-, and sweet-expressions.  Each builds on the previous one; details are here:
  http://readable.sourceforge.net

We plan to submit all three abbreviations as three separate SRFIs.   The first one, curly-infix-expressions, is new draft SRFI 105, and we'd ESPECIALLY like comments on that:
  http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-105/

The whole point of a SRFI is to get it *implemented*, so if you have a comment (such as a *problem* with them or getting any of them implemented in guile), please let us know!!  The best way to comment is the mailing lists (for the SRFIs or via readable.sourceforge.net), so that everyone can discuss and address them.

Also, I'd be happy to help get these implemented as part of guile.  We have a current implementation that builds on *top* of guile (by completely re-implementing the reader), but it'd far better to have these built-in.

Thanks for your time!

--- David A. Wheeler