Thanks. Unfortunately, the standard recipe for making core dumps on Mac (put "limit core unlimited" into /etc/launchd.conf and reboot, make sure /cores is writable, set ulimit -c unlimited) seem to actually enable them on MacOS Catalina (10.15.2). I have tested with SIGQUIT and SIGSEGV on running processes and no dumps appear in /cores. On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 4:02 AM Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Hello, > > John Cowan skribis: > > > Yes, gladly, but I don't know how to get one in this context. > > You would unpack, configure, and build like you did before (with JIT > enabled, so as to reproduce the crash), but before that you’d run > “ulimit -c unlimited” in that shell to make sure there’s a core dumped > when it crashes. > > Once it has crashed, locate the ‘core’ file (or ‘core.*’), and run, say: > > gdb libguile/.libs/guile bootstrap/core > > Then from the GDB prompt: > > thread apply all bt > > TIA, > Ludo’. >