On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 8:51 AM Ludovic Courtès wrote: > That I understand. However, I was asking for the backtrace of the crash > on Cygwin when JIT is enabled. Could you grab it? > 1. The wisdom of the Internet has not been able to figure out how to generate a core dump on MacOS 10.15.2 (Catalina). The usual set of enabling steps can be performed without error, but still no core dump. 2. Until today I believed that there was no way to generate a Cygwin core dump. I know now that there is, but I may not be able to test it until Monday. I'll let you know, and hopefully that will provide insight into the MacOS problem as well. 3. I will try to work further on the MacOS libffi problem (which surfaces when you do --disable-jit to bypass the above problem) to convince MacOS to use GNU libffi rather than the native one. It probably has to do with pkg-config, which I barely understand. "All problems are config problems." John Cowan http://vrici.lojban.org/~cowan cowan@ccil.org We are lost, lost. No name, no business, no Precious, nothing. Only empty. Only hungry: yes, we are hungry. A few little fishes, nassty bony little fishes, for a poor creature, and they say death. So wise they are; so just, so very just. --Gollum