Den sön 28 okt. 2018 02:35Mark H Weaver skrev: > The downside of this approach to serialization is that when we add file > X.scm to the list of objects to build serially, we force a full rebuild > whenever X.scm is modified. At present, eval.scm is the only file that > forces a full rebuild. Your patch would add psyntax-pp.scm to that > list. > > I don't feel strongly about it, and maybe your patch is still a net > benefit, but I very much wish we had a better way to optimize the early > bootstrap without adding these bogus dependencies. > > > To which branch should this be applied, stable-2.2 or master? > > If we decide to adopt this approach, it should probably be committed to > stable-2.2, but first I'd like to give other people an opportunity to > share their thoughts on this. > > Thoughts? Thank you for spotting this, Mark. I didn't think of this. There seems to be a simple solution in using order-only prerequisites. I'll test this later and suggest a new patch. Best regards, Mikael