On Sat, Mar 18, 2023 at 9:58 AM Mikael Djurfeldt wrote: > On Sat, Mar 18, 2023 at 9:46 AM wrote: > >> On Sat, Mar 18, 2023 at 09:41:37AM +0100, Mikael Djurfeldt wrote: >> > On Sat, Mar 18, 2023 at 9:36 AM wrote: >> >> [...] >> >> > > Perhaps you didn't know, but you are training the model :-) >> > > >> > >> > Unfortunately not. I'm prompting it within its 32000 token (GPT-4) >> > attention span. Next conversation the model is back to exactly the same >> > state again. Then, of course, it is possible that OpenAI chooses to >> filter >> > out something from the dialogs it has had. >> >> You don't think that those coversations end up as raw data for the >> next model? I'd be surprised, but you know definitely more than me. >> > > I know very little apart from knowing what deep learning is and having > skimmed the "Attention is all you need"-paper. I only meant that you are > not training the model during and between sessions. It is certainly > possible that OpenAI filters out things from the dialogs to use as part of > training for the next version. They warn you that they may take data from > the dialogs. If and how they do that I don't know. > Or, as GPT-4 would phrase it: I apologize for the confusion in my previous answer. You may be right that I'm training the next version of the model. :)