On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 1:40 PM Maxime Devos wrote: > Aleix Conchillo Flaqué schreef op do 23-06-2022 om 13:27 [-0700]: > > + (put-string port (string-titlecase (symbol->string scheme))) > > I'd add a little explanation in a comment (e.g.: > > ;; While according to RFC 7617 Schemes are case-insensitive: > ;; > ;; ‘Note that both scheme and parameter names are matched > ;; case-insensitive’ > ;; > ;; some software (*) incorrectly assumes title case for scheme > ;; names, so use the more titlecase. > ;; > ;; (*): See, e.g., > ;; > ;; > > I think it's reasonable to do some changes in Guile to work-around > potential bugs in other software that Guile has no control over or even > knows about, at the same time Guile seems to be just following the > spec, the compatibility bug seems to be in the other software, so to > help the other software a bit, I think it would be best to report > things in the buggy software too. > > > I think you are right. The spec says clearly that it should be case insensitive. So, disregard this patch. Aleix