On Fri, Dec 22, 2023 at 3:22 PM David Pirotte wrote: > Hi Aleix, > > i decided to answer separately - and change the subject line - > (a) the guile-cairo related issue, on homebrew, from the > Just to be clear, there's no issue with guile-cairo I believe. The segfault with guile-cairo was when using Guile's upstream. > (b) snapshot related issue, on homebrew as well > > here is the 'subthread' for the guile-cairo related issue, on > homebrew [1]. > > > > > Anyways, guile-cairo is fine going back to stable 3.0.9. > > > > Ok, so just to make sure, now both the gtk4/simple-paintable.scm and > > > gtk4/animated-paintable.scm examples work fine on 'your' platform as > > > well? > > > Nope, they don't. Sorry, I should have been much more explicit and > > provide more info. > > Ok - These are two examples ported from the upstream gtk4-demo, can you > run one or both of these examples? [screenshot attached of the upstream > gt4-demo ui (on debian trixie (current testing)). > > If they don't work, please report upstream, if they do work, try to get > a backtrace as well, for the simple-animation.scm example only, let's > try to identify the problem for the simplest one ... > > Ah nice, I didn't know that. They work well, see screenshot. The animated one is the same but rotating the nuclear icon. This is a good clue though, at least we know where not to look. Aleix