Hi, In many projects I've been copying Göran Weinholt's base64 implementation and I've also seen it in other projects, would it make sense to include it in Guile's standard library? I guess it's hard to know where to draw a line and different languages do different things. I actually like Golang's approach where they provide a bunch of base libraries (web, crypto, etc.) and it seems that's where Guile was going by including a web library.You could always use a different implementation if it existed. Anyways, I think (ice-9 base64) would be a nice addition. Just a thought. Aleix