On Fri, Jun 24, 2022 at 9:28 AM Maxime Devos wrote: > Aleix Conchillo Flaqué schreef op vr 24-06-2022 om 09:05 [-0700]: > > * module/web/http.scm (write-credentials): capitalize authorization > > header scheme. The standard allows the scheme to be case-insensitive, > > however most libraries out there expect the scheme to be capitalized, > > which is what it is actually used in RFC > > docs (e.g. https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc7617#section-2). > Some > > libraries even reject lowercase scheme making Guile incompatible. > > This comment looks more useful to me to put in the source code, to help > future readers of the source code, otherwise they would have to dig > through the git history. As mentioned previously, this could be > something like: > > ;; While according to RFC 7617 Schemes are case-insensitive: > ;; > ;; ‘Note that both scheme and parameter names are matched > ;; case-insensitive’ > ;; > ;; some software (*) incorrectly assumes title case for scheme > ;; names, so use the more titlecase. > ;; > ;; (*): See, e.g., > ;; > ;; > > which would also address the issue of not forgetting that Guile's old > behaviour is correct, it's the other party that's not following the > specification. > > This makes sense. I left the comment in the commit log as well. Sent again. Thank you! Aleix