On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 6:02 PM, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Andy Wingo skribis: > > > On Sat 18 May 2013 15:44, Noah Lavine writes: > > > >> I have a very small question, based on something I think you said > >> earlier - since the container will be ELF, will we call our files .so > >> now? > > > > We certainly can. Is it a good idea though? > > I’d vote for keeping .go, or at least something different from > commonly-used extensions like .so. > I don't think it's a big deal, but the reason I asked was that I'm afraid .go will become increasingly popular because of the Go language. .so also sort of hints at native compilation in the future, although that's not a very strong reason to choose it. Noah